Why Custom Fit?
Some golfers feel they are not serious enough players to purchase custom fit clubs. The truth is that you probably aren’t as good as you can be without them. Custom Fitting is designed to maximize the performance and enhance the enjoyment of your golf equipment. Matching the ideal equipment with each player is our goal.
We are proud to offer custom club fittings with three of golf’s premiere brands, Calloway, Mizuno and TaylorMade.
Lower your score with irons that fit you perfectly
Your golf swing may not be perfect. But it’s yours. Whether you’re a scratch golfer or you just play occasionally, getting the most out of your swing means a better round of golf. And nothing will improve your game more quickly than a set of clubs matched to the unique nuances of your swing.
Mizuno’s Performance Fitting System is the only club-fitting method that fuses the expertise of professional Mizuno fitters with the state-of-the-art analysis of our exclusive Shaft Optimizer. Every aspect of your swing is considered when fitting each club. You’ll feel the difference immediately, and you’ll see the results on your very next round.
What can be customized?
- Length – The ability of the golfer to strike the ball consistently on the sweet spot is the determining factor when deciding on the desired club length.
- Shaft – Shaft flex can affect distance, ball flight, trajectory and feel. Club head speed and tempo are key measurements.
- Lie Angle – influences both the set up position and how the ground affects the angle of the clubface through impact.
- Loft – Ball trajectory is the primary influence of loft.
- Grip – Small or Large hands and grip size are not the only determining factor for grip size.
Matching the right shaft to your swing is absolutely critical for just about every aspect of your shot – distance, control, ball flight, trajectory and feel. Because this used to mean a lot of trial-and-error and educated guesswork, many golfers simply selected a popular shaft that might be a mis-fit for their swing.
In just a few swings, Mizuno’s Shaft Optimizer ends the guesswork by measuring five critical aspects of your swing to determine your unique Swing DNA™. Your information is entered into Mizuno’s patented Shaft Optimizer software, which then recommends a shaft with performance characteristics perfectly matched to your individual swing.
• Club Head Speed: How fast the club head and shaft are moving during your swing.
• Tempo: How quickly you transition from your backswing to your downswing.
• Shaft Toe Down: Measures how far the shaft bends in a downward direction during your downswing.
• Shaft Kick Angle: Measures how far the shaft bends forward during your downswing.
• Release Factor: How and when the club head and shaft are released during the downswing
Striking the ball in the sweet spot consistently starts with getting the club length right. The Mizuno Performance Fitting System starts with your knuckle-to-floor measurement using the Mizuno Length Chart. Next we evaluate your posture and how you address the ball. And finally we examine your ability to square the clubface at impact.
Next up: lie angle and loft. Lie angle is all about the angle between your club head and the ground around the moment of impact. Getting the perfect angle means reduced ground interference for more consistent shots, solid contact, and fewer miss-hits. Unique to Mizuno is our patented lie fit club, which allows the measurement of lie angle with the exact shaft the player is being recommended.
Choosing the right grip will improve your ability to square the club at impact. But your hand size isn’t the only factor in finding the right grip. For most golfers, the choice of grip size is a personal preference. Our Mizuno Custom Fitters will measure your hand to form a basic set of recommended grip sizes, and then adjust that recommendation based on your personal preferences, any physical limitations, etc.